"Porkchop"

"Porkchop"

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hey Ya'll, Hows everyone doing? Well, I am doing great. Just got home from J's dads house. She is staying the night there tonight. He asked her to spend the night after we were there celebrating her birthday as well as her sister Rs'. He made his taco's and they got a cake for the two girls, the two birthdays 3 and 13. I think its rather cool to think that each year its going to be both the same numbers of course  yet there is 10 years difference. While J played Xbox with her father for majority of the visit that we were there, D and R were having a ball. They absolutely hit it off and just played their little hearts out. Then there's the little cat they call "Monster", who actually got along with the girls and D was so gentle with her and was so cute with. After the way I've seen her with Cbass, I thought for sure there was going to be a problem for poor little Monster but low and behold D was so gentle and careful and it was like Monster knew that D was not the same little girl that is normally at the house like R, so Monster never went off on D and clawed or hissed at D. They were so cute. At one point in time, they took turns play swatting each other and then D put down her bottle and started clapping as if hoping that Monster would return the favor and do the same. There was several times that D laid down on her belly by Monster's bed and was petting her back and Monster was enjoying it. Too cute, I must say.

We pulled out the cake and both girls J & R sat down to make a wish and blow out their candles and we sang "Happy Birthday", R plugged her ears and we dished out the cake. Of course I took off D's shirt and put her in the high chair, too many times that I learned my lesson with her and messy things that now I know better. Sure enough, was I ever so right,     she enjoyed her cake way too much. Thats ok because she had fun and that's what is important. She had cake everywhere and I do mean everywhere. D LOVES her cake FOR SURE !!! lol...I will add pictures later of her eating...or rather I mean wearing the cake...lol..

On the way home we got to talking about a couple different things and a topic came up and it was a very interesting point was made and I thought about it and you know what I thought, I need to blog about it because its something that well, we just cant do anymore, like we did when we were kids in the 90's. If anyone has ever heard the song by Bucky Covington, "A Different World", It talks about how life was basically when I was a kid. I remember growing up we would play outside til it was dark and didn't have to worry about strangers like now a days. The rule was come home, do homework, and then go play til dark. Everyone from the block played at the end of the subdivision and everyone's parents knew where we were at and never worried. Now we have to worry and its sad. Life in the 90's were great and its sad that it cant be like it was back then, now we have to worry who lives down the road when our kids are outside playing or who our kids play with and who house our kids go to. When we were kids our parents seem to just know somehow. lol. I guess its come to a point now that we have to know, we cant just sit back and assume everyone is good people. The minute we start assuming everyone is good people is when someone is going to be the bad one out of the mix unfortunately. Sadly enough to say. 

Okay so enough of the rambling of the bad thoughts for today...lol..Well, I guess I am done for today and off to make more of my Christmas cookies, now that I was able to locate my mixer. I was looking and looking for days for my mixer and it was like someone took and was no where to be found in the basement for days. So today I went down there to look for a pair of these boots/shoes that I really wanted to wear today and now I cant find those but low and behold guess what little ole me finds today....tada...My mixer rears its pretty little head out for me and now I can whip out batches and batches of cookies like no tomorrow...wooohooo....yay me!!!!

Later Taterz,
Me!!!

1 comment: